AF-1000 - Carbon Block Filter Cartridge is a coconut-shell activated carbon block filter. In this filter, when water passes through the carbon media, contaminants and unpleasant odor & taste from water get removed before it ends up inside your glass. The construction of the cartridge allows water to enter at one end and pass through the entire length of the carbon bed before exiting the other end of the cartridge.
With Anchor water filters there are no more unpleasant odors and no chlorine taste, just clean refreshing water. Anchor water filters are also great for use in making coffee and tea, and cooking.
Age of the filters depends on GPD consumed and quality of feed water.
High quality NSF/FDA approved components
- Designed to fit majority 10" standard housings.
- Perfect solution for household of any size where improving the quality of water is the primary objective
- Uniform and solid media structures. High chemical absorption capacity.
- Do not exhibit problems such as channeling, fluidizing, bypassing, and the release of carbon fines.
- 5 micron carbon block filter cartridge is made from coconut shell carbon, which creates, what many believe to be a sweeter tasting water.
- The filters' media is manufactured from acid-washed high purity coconut-based activated carbon to obtain better quality and maximum performance.
- Service life of a carbon block filter is greatly extended by an outer layer of 5 micron pre-filtration medium and will operate effectively in most installations without pre-filtration
- Removes sediments, bad taste, odor, color, SOCs (synthetic organic compounds) like pesticides, dioxins, and VOCs (volatile organic compounds) like chloroform and petrochemicals, radon, heavy chlorine and its byproducts such as THM and TCE, and many more harmful contaminants from your drinking water.
- Filter Capacity: 800 gallons or 6-months
- Weight: 1.5 lbs
- Height: 9 3/4 inches
- Fits any standard size 10" housing
AF-1000 - Carbon Block Replacement Filter Cartridge
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does the orientation of the filter matter for installation? (both ends look the same)
Hi Mark, for the carbon block cartridges, orientation of the filter does not matter since both ends are the same, as you mentioned.
Does the AF 1000 carbon black replacement filter can fit for the 3-stage AF 1002 cartridge filter?
Yes, it does!
How long should water run through a new filter before drinking?
Let the water run approximately for 5 minutes (or 5 gallons since the flow is 1gpm) before drinking. If you still see carbon fines, let it run a little longer.
Does the AF 1000 carbon black replacement filter fit for the 2- stage AF 1012 cartridge filter?
Yes, AF-1000 carbon block cartridge can be used in place of 2- stage AF-1012 cartridge.