AF-1000 - Carbon Block Filter Cartridge is a coconut-shell activated carbon block filter. In this filter, when water passes through the carbon media, contaminants and unpleasant odor & taste from water get removed before it ends up inside your glass. The construction of the cartridge allows water to enter at one end and pass through the entire length of the carbon bed before exiting the other end of the cartridge.
With Anchor water filters there are no more unpleasant odors and no chlorine taste, just clean refreshing water. Anchor water filters are also great for use in making coffee and tea, and cooking.
Age of the filters depends on GPD consumed and quality of feed water.
High quality NSF/FDA approved components
- Designed to fit majority 10" standard housings.
- Perfect solution for household of any size where improving the quality of water is the primary objective
- Uniform and solid media structures. High chemical absorption capacity.
- Do not exhibit problems such as channeling, fluidizing, bypassing, and the release of carbon fines.
- 5 micron carbon block filter cartridge is made from coconut shell carbon, which creates, what many believe to be a sweeter tasting water.
- The filters' media is manufactured from acid-washed high purity coconut-based activated carbon to obtain better quality and maximum performance.
- Service life of a carbon block filter is greatly extended by an outer layer of 5 micron pre-filtration medium and will operate effectively in most installations without pre-filtration
- Removes sediments, bad taste, odor, color, SOCs (synthetic organic compounds) like pesticides, dioxins, and VOCs (volatile organic compounds) like chloroform and petrochemicals, radon, heavy chlorine and its byproducts such as THM and TCE, and many more harmful contaminants from your drinking water.
- Filter Capacity: 800 gallons or 6-months
- Weight: 3 lbs (for 2)
- Height: 9 3/4 inches
- Fits any standard size 10" housing
AF-1000 - Carbon Block Replacement Filter Cartridge - 2PK
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
When changing this carbon filter, how long do I run water thru before drinkable? How long will filter last?
You need to run water for about 5 minutes before consumption. The filter will last for about 6 months or 800 gallons, whichever is earlier.
Doesn’t last the 800 gallons
I want to say that overall I don’t have an issue with anchor products but it doesn’t last the specified gallons it last about the 6 months and then starts tasting funny.
Anchor Water Filters
Thank you for the feedback. We always say 'it is recommended to change the cartridge either after its capacity (specified in gallons) is reached or after 6 months from first use, whichever is earlier." Life of filter also depends on quality of feed water.