AF-1000 - Carbon Block Filter Cartridge is a coconut-shell activated carbon block filter. In this filter, when water passes through the carbon media, contaminants and unpleasant odor & taste from water get removed before it ends up inside your glass. The construction of the cartridge allows water to enter at one end and pass through the entire length of the carbon bed before exiting the other end of the cartridge.
With Anchor water filters there are no more unpleasant odors and no chlorine taste, just clean refreshing water. Anchor water filters are also great for use in making coffee and tea, and cooking.
Age of the filters depends on GPD consumed and quality of feed water.
High quality NSF/FDA approved components
- Easy installation. Designed to fit majority of standard housings.
- Perfect solution for household of any size where improving the quality of water is the primary objective
- Uniform and solid media structures. High chemical absorption capacity.
- Do not exhibit problems such as channeling, fluidizing, bypassing, and the release of carbon fines.
- Premium quality parts. FDA-compliant materials are used.
- 5 micron carbon block filter cartridge is made from coconut shell carbon, which creates, what many believe to be a sweeter tasting water.
- The filters' media is manufactured from acid-washed high purity coconut-based activated carbon to obtain better quality and maximum performance.
- Service life of a carbon block filter is greatly extended by an outer layer of 5 micron pre-filtration medium and will operate effectively in most installations without pre-filtration
- Removes Sediment, Industrial Chemicals, Radon and many more harmful contaminants in your drinking water.
- Unique pore structure of this carbon, is well suited for chemicals absorption, including VOCs & SOCs, while reducing chlorine and compounds that contribute to bad taste and odor.
- Filter Capacity: 800 gallons or 6-months
- Weight: 3 lbs (for 2)
- Height: 9 3/4 inches
- Fits any standard size 10" housing
AF-1000 - Carbon Block Replacement Filter Cartridge - 2PK
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
When changing this carbon filter, how long do I run water thru before drinkable? How long will filter last?
You need to run water for about 5 minutes before consumption. The filter will last for about 6 months or 800 gallons, whichever is earlier.